Certified Agile Leadership I (CAL-O)
WHY AGILE LEADERSHIP?
Leaders today are striving to stay on top of rapidly changing business needs and must recognize rapid adaptation as critical to their success. You are now required to shift the way you think about your role as a leader, your relationship to your employees, and the culture of your organization.
Build a foundation in agile, cultivate a safe-to-fail mindset, and confidently guide any organization toward sustainable agility with any combination of these three certifications that best meets your leadership goals. Our Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) courses are designed to bring positive change to your organization by helping you embrace the agile leadership model that fits your management style. Learn to lead agile teams by practicing agile principles and leveraging agility to drive sustainable improvements in any business.
About Certified Agile Leadership for Organizations
C-suite leaders and directors are now required to shift the way that they think about their organizational culture and employees and become change agents. In this module, participants will gain knowledge, skills, and techniques that will help them to work toward sustainable agility for their organizations. The goal of this module is to bring awareness to the practices and principles of agility and how they apply to business/organizational agility. Through case studies and various models, participants will gain insight into how agile will and can work for their teams and organization.
FOCUS OF LEARNING
Participants will be taken through a comprehensive view of Agile Leadership – first from the leader’s personal perspective in how agility impacts their thinking and behavior, then from an organizational perspective in how they can effectively align, guide and scale their organization’s agility.
The Agile Leadership Compass will provide guidance for participants both during the workshop and as an aid in their practice following the workshop.
The workshop is designed for mixing experienced leaders and experienced coaches in a way that draws upon each strength and caters to each of their needs for growth. By combining both in a single workshop, participants engage with each other to learn the strengths of the others – growing both leaders and coaches.
Agile leadership is required across a diversity of business contexts including new product design and development, service development and delivery, business development, IT operations and security, team-oriented service and support, multi-faceted marketing and communications, and more.
Agile leadership is needed at all levels within the organization from the executive suite to the front-line managers. Whether leading projects, programs, initiatives, people, teams, departments, divisions or businesses, agile leadership can improve the leader’s ability and more effectively draw upon every employee.
- Communicate a clear vision, align employees to that vision, and allow for adaptation in execution toward that vision – recognizing that most discovery and learning occur during execution
- Employ a growth-mindset enabling them to value diversity, be open to other ideas, seek feedback, and improve their own capabilities – rather than relying on what has worked for them in the past.
- Are self-aware of their own biases and triggers to remain in a constructive and creative mindset fostering a healthy, collaborative, trust-oriented, and productive organizational culture.
- Improve decision making, team collaboration and business results when operating in highly complex, uncertain, inter-dependent and rapidly changing environments by integrating the value stream.
- Engage employees without over-influencing or micromanaging them through inquiring before advising, active listening to align their thinking, and exploring alternatives to foster creative possibilities.
- Increase employee satisfaction, engagement and creativity through empowerment and other catalyst behaviors – reducing employee turnover and developing employee ownership, collaboration and productivity.
- Diversify risk through identifying and testing assumptions, experimenting with new approaches, collaborating with customers, delivering incremental value, and seeking feedback earlier and more often.
- Foster organizational adaptivity enabling them to more effectively break down traditional silos, collaborate to solve difficult problems and better align toward corporate goals and customer needs.
- Improve outcomes through balancing short-term business results with long-term organizational health to enable early and frequent value delivery combined with sustained growth.
- Catalyze change, experiment with new ideas, and a foster a growth-mindset within their organizations to adapt to the changing economy, technology and the market.
Aaron Kopel, CEC, CST
Aaron is the founder & CEO of Project Brilliant, LLC, a management consulting firm specializing in Agile transformation, coaching, and training. He is one of only 40 people in the world who holds both top-level Scrum Alliance certifications: Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®) and Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC). Aaron has led several major Agile transformation initiatives with companies ranging from early stage startups to Fortune 100 firms. He and his coaching teams have established more than 1,000 Agile delivery teams and trained more than 10,000 individuals. Aaron resides in Carmel, IN with his wife and their two children.
*This class may be photographed or filmed. By attending the workshop you agree that your image and likeness may be used by Project Brilliant in printed and online media.
March 10 @ 9:00AM